ITEG-Quality Of Simulation Essay.
Chapter 3 discusses methods to assess the quality of simulations. You learned about three different views of simulation quality.ITEG-Quality Of Simulation Essay.
Suppose you lead a task force that is developing a simulation to provide strategic planning recommendations for property use zoning for a county of 750,000 residents. The zoning board and county commissioners want a simulation that allows them to assess the impact of various zoning decisions based on a variety of dynamic factors, including age, race, education, and income status. Which of the three views discussed in the chapter would provide the best quality assessment for this type of simulation? How would you ensure the highest level of accuracy with your simulation, and how would you go about determining accuracy? ITEG-Quality Of Simulation Essay.
You must do the following:
1) Create a new thread. As indicated above, identify which of the three views discussed in the chapter that would provide the best quality assessment for the situation described above, and explain your decision. How would you ensure the highest level of accuracy with your simulation, and how would you go about determining accuracy? ITEG-Quality Of Simulation Essay.
The Quality of Social Simulation: An Example
from Research Policy Modelling
Information Technology in a Global Economy
Professor Michael Solomon
• The Quality of Social Simulation:
• An Example from Research Policy Modelling
• A simulation is good
• “… when we get from it what we originally would have liked to get
from the target”
• Different views
• User community
• Chapter focus
• Different approaches to assessing the quality of a simulation
• Does the code do what it is supposed to do?
• Do the outputs resemble observations of the target?
• Relies on the observability of reality
• Must be able to compare simulation output to reality
• Standard view may suffer from under-determination
• Multiple incompatible theories may result from the same data
• What you observe in the real world with,
• What you observe as simulation output
• Seems similar to Standard view, right?
• Constructionists view all observations as constructions
• Evaluation is not possible
• Even observations of reality lack the ability to pass validation
User Community View
• Evaluation is carried out
• Using the observations of the affected user community
• Not just based on prior knowledge
• Closer to “real” results
• Often, results are influenced by multiple related factors
Policy Modelling for Ex-ante Evaluation
of EU Funding Programs
Horizon 2020 Study Workflow
• Simulation quality depends on simulation process
• Three different simulation views
• User community
• User community view
• Most promising
• Most work-intensive, ITEG-Quality Of Simulation Essay.